|Title||Township of Wai-iti and extension near Timaru [Gleniti area]|
|Scope & Content||
A colour lithographed map entitled "Township of Wai-iti and extension near Timaru" showing land to be sold by auction by Jonas, Hart and White at their New Rooms, Timaru on September 2, 1879.
Shows plantations, land owners, section numbers, streets, proposed streets, Wai-iti School and Wai-iti Creek. The terms of sale, auction date, and surveyor's signature (Barnett, Lewis and Co. Licensed Surveyors and Land Brokers Timaru) are also written in black ink in the right center edge of map. Roads and streets are coloured orange and properties coloured green and purple.
The map includes a locality plan showing the relation of the proposed Wai-iti township to Timaru at a verbal scale of 40 chains to 1 inch.
Scale 2 chains to an inch
Lithographed by the Lyttelton Times.
|Creator||Barnett, Lewis and Co, surveyors and land brokers, Timaru|
|Medium||paper mounted on paper|
|Size||610(h) x 830(w) mm|
|Area / Region||Timaru, N.Z.|
Heath Street, Timaru
Spring Road, Timaru
Ford Street, Timaru
Elm Street, Timaru
Park Street, Timaru
Rose Street, Timaru
Brook Street, Timaru