|Title||[The lower end of Wai-iti Road, Timaru]|
The lower end of Wai-iti Road, Timaru, with Caroline Bay and the harbour in the background, circa 1908.
Depicts several people and a horse drawn wagon, on Wai-iti Road. On Caroline Bay the bathing sheds and swings are visible, while a ship exits the harbour in the background.
Excavations and drainage pipes along the side of the road suggest that this was taken during James Craigie's mayoralty when the previous 'open drains' were piped underground.
Handwritten on reverse "Wai-iti Road & Evans St early 1900s".
|Year Range from||1905|
|Year Range to||1915|
|Print Size||152(h) x 202(w) mm|
Evans Street, Timaru
Wai-iti Road, Timaru
Bay Via-duct, Timaru